Salted Raw Chocolate Almond Butter Cups:
For the chocolate:
- 400g Raw Health Organic Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp. Raw Health Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Raw Health Organic Honey
- Coarse sea salt (optional)
For the filling:
- 140g Raw Health Organic Almond Butter
- 3-4 tbsp Raw Health Organic Honey
- Salt to taste
Optional Flavourings: Cinnamon, ground ginger, orange zest, maca, lucuma
1. Prepare your muffin cases by lining them up in a baking tray or muffin tin.
2. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler until smooth and combined. Add the honey and stir. Keep the double boiler on a very low heat so that the chocolate stays liquid.
3. Spoon about 2 tbsp of the melted chocolate into the bottom of your prepared muffin cases, making sure there is enough to cover the bottom. Remember you are only using about 3/4 of the chocolate at this stage. You can drop the tray lightly on your kitchen counter to help smooth out and flatten the chocolate. Put them in the fridge or freezer until completely set (about 15 minutes).
4. Meanwhile mix the almond butter with the honey until completely combined. You want the 'dough' to be quite thick. Add a few pinches of salt to your own taste. Add a touch of additional flavouring (see ingredients list above for ideas) if you desire.
5. Spoon about a teaspoon of the almond butter mixture into your hands, roll to form a ball and then flatten into a disk that is just under the size of the chocolate in the muffin cases. Make enough of these to fill each of your chocolate cups.
6. Take the muffin liners out of the fridge and place a piece of almond butter dough into the middle of each (making sure there is a small space around the edge that will be filled with chocolate).
7. Pour the remaining melted chocolate on top of each of your chocolate cups so that the almond butter dough is fully covered and the surface is as flat as possible. Sprinkle a tiny bit of coarse sea salt on top if desired. Put back in the fridge or freezer until completely set.
8. Keep the chocolates in the fridge in a sealed container.
Windmill products used in this recipe